As we enter a New Year, it is time to start thinking about those New Year’s Resolutions. For many people, resolutions are a means of improving their lives over the coming year, and, with that in mind, they resolve to be more active and to focus on their health more.
If improving your health and treatment of your bunion is at the top of your resolution list this year, then read on, because we have some top tips for making the most of 2016. Many make these goals but rarely do people stick by them. Using our handy tips, you should not only be able to stick to your new fitness regime, but you’ll also fix your bunion at the same time!
- Ease yourself in gently. Make a schedule and plan the time you will spend exercising, for a higher probability of sticking at it, post-January.
- Leave your gym gear out so you don’t forget about it. Similarly, keep all your gym clothes in one place so they can be easily found!
- Make an exercise playlist, full of feel good tracks that motivate and energise you.
- Build up your time spent exercising, the routines, the weights and the intensity of your workout. This allows your body to adapt to the changes accordingly.
- Know when to stretch after your warm up. If you do so before a warm-up, you might end up injuring yourself.
- Stay hydrated! Your body will require more water than normal whilst exercising, to replace fluids lost.
- Get to know the correct form for each piece of equipment or exercise you are performing, to avoid injury.
- Plan your meals around your workouts, to ensure your body gets what it needs when it needs it. For days when you plan high-intensity exercises, such as swimming, running and cardio, eat more carbohydrates for energy. For days of low-intensity exercise, eat fewer carbohydrates and higher protein, to help repair muscles.
- Keep a record of your workouts, so you can see areas for improvement, and track your progress. The best form of motivation is seeing how far you have come already!
- Set goals to help keep you focused; working to a target is a great motivational tool and drives you towards achieving it.
There is so much information available out there for you, to help you on your journey; it can be overwhelming. Choose your sources wisely - health and fitness professionals are a good place to start, and you’ll be well prepared for your ventures into the gym in 2016!
If you suffer from a bunion, you might be wondering just how health and treatment for your bunion go hand in hand? Here’s how our ultra-thin bunion sleeve allows you to correct your bunion comfortably while maintaining an active lifestyle because it fits inside your normal footwear. So, say goodbye to clunky, uncomfortable splints and say hello to a new you for 2016.
For further information on how your health and treatment work in harmony together, please visit our website.